This weekend I wanted to make Adrian meatloaf. His response was “why?”
It’s a common misconception that meatloaf is along this lines of Christmas Fruitcakes, i.e. disgusting (perhaps that will be my next challenge). So I set out to serve Adrian meatloaf that would change his misgivings about one of my favorite foods, and he couldn’t get enough of it. Add this one to the recipe books!
- 1 lb ground beef (lean)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup of chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped shallot
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1/2 cup of chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8oz canned diced tomatoes with chile
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of quick oats
- 4 strips of bacon, crumbled
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix ingredients together in a bowl then put in a muffin pan. Bake for 25 minutes and, since pans can be different sizes, test one is cooked through the middle before serving.
This recipe makes 12 muffins, and over-fed 3 people with leftovers. It was served with mashed sweet potatoes and brown gravy.